OPENING FOR CAPACITY BUILDING COORDINATOR (CBC)
Blyth Arts & Cultural Initiative 14/19 Inc. is a Canadian charity dedicated to creating a cultural hub that drives social renewal and economic prosperity in the Village of Blyth.
We are currently seeking a Capacity Building Coordinator to join our team to create new programming and increase rentals in the newly revitalized Blyth Memorial Community Hall. Individuals who are qualified for the position outlined below are asked to send their resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “BMCH CBC” by Friday, February 23, 2018 at 4pm.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Capacity Building Coordinator will:
• assist with the development, implementation and management of a capacity building strategy and action plan;
• work on expanding existing Special Events while creating and promoting new long term sustainable events designed to ensure future revenue for the facility.
• develop and implement marketing and social media strategies designed to increase the participant base, execute events, raise profile of sponsors, recruit volunteers, and strengthen media relations.
• assist with delivering communications with a focus on raising profile and financial stability.
• manage venue rentals.
• evaluate and report on activities.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• demonstrated skills in promotional development, community building and mobilization.
• website and social media site maintenance skills.
• experience in organizing and executing special events.
• strong interpersonal skills, networking, communication, data management, research, leadership and organizational skills.
• driver’s licence in good standing.
• ability to work flexible hours.
• self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed.
Salary $700-$750/week ~ commensurate with experience
Interviews will be held February 28 and March 1. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.