Submissions (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
- Application forms can be downloaded HERE. Applications must be completed in full in order to be considered.
- All new businesses or expanding businesses are eligible based on the commitment that, should they win, they will operate their business within Huron County or Perth County, in the Province of Ontario. Submissions, however, can come from anywhere and are not limited to Huron-Perth residents.
- Franchises are not eligible.
Winners must finalize their funding agreements with investors no later than
June 30, 2017.
- Additional supporting documentation is encouraged to more fully describe your proposal. (I.e. full business plan, audio/visual material, etc.) The selection committee cannot guarantee the return of any submitted materials, and it is recommended that original copies of submitted materials be kept by the applicants.
- On-stage presentations are limited to a maximum of 3 Power Point slides which will be operated by professional technical staff during the event. Any slides, audio/visual and a list of props that will be used as part of presentations MUST be received at the Blyth Arts & Cultural Initiative 14/19 Inc. office no later than Friday, September September 23, 2016 or their use will not be permitted during the event. PLEASE NOTE: Call before dropping by the office it is not guaranteed staff will be onsite without an appointment.
- Presenters are encouraged to prepare (5) copies of their presentations and supporting documentation to distribute to the Catcher’s during the event. These must be prepared in advance by the applicants as there will not be an opportunity to make last minute copies at the event venue.
- Business pitches during the event are limited to 7 minutes maximum followed by a Q&A from the Catchers.
- Applicants must sign the application form acknowledging and accepting the terms and conditions outlined in order to be deemed eligible.
All application forms must be received by Blyth Arts & Cultural Initiative 14/19 Inc no
later than 4:00pm on Monday, August 15, 2016.
- A selection committee will meet after the above date to determine the contestants, who will be called to the stage to make their pitches to the Catchers as finalists.
- All contestants will be required to attend a video/photo op prior to the event. The photo /video will be utilized as part of event pre-promotion and also in the programme booklet.
- Contestant selection – September 1, 2016
Final contestant workshop – preparation of on-stage pitch –
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- Contestant photo/video shoot – September 7, 2016
List of contestant props & all audio video material received –
Friday, September 23, 2016 – 4pm
Event – Wednesday, September 28, 2016 – 5:00 – 6:30 pm at Belgrave
Community Centre (arena)